Wednesday, August 5, 2009

And back to your reguarly scheduled program

I haven't said anything the last couple days about our meals! The night before last Lucas took over, and we had some grilled shrimp-kebobs with shrimp, mushrooms, peppers, carrots and a side of grilled avacodo, topped off with some brown rice (my only contribution!) It was so tasty!




Last night we weren't sure what to do, but we came up with an on the spot creation. Pitas filled with chicken breast (left over from pot-pie night), red and green peppers, onions and jack cheese, with a side of oven fried potatoes. It was so good! No pictures though, sorry!

Tonight's meal was planned ahead of time. We had planned to have tilapia and zucchini cake, and while Lucas was at the store to get the zucchini, he found some huge ears of corn on sale, so he threw them on the grill with the fish, while I made the zucchini cakes. Recipe here

These were so tasty, we ate SEVEN of them. The plan had been to have that as the main dish, and the fish on the side, since we only had a very little bit of fish, and I'm glad they turned out as tasty as they were!


After dinner we made some fresh hummus. It was totally trial and error, and Lucas had to swoop in and save the day, as he has MUCH more patience than me and I was getting very frustrated. We made it from dried beans, rather than canned, and it just wasn't going the way I planned. In the end, we just kept throwing things in until the consistency was right, and it came out great. I can't wait to warm some pita and eat some, but I'm still stuffed from dinner! The basic recipe was: a pound of dried garbanzos, cooked; lemon juice; olive oil; water (to moisten the mixture); jalapenos; cumin; salt. No measurements available, as we just kept tossing more in as needed.

Ok, off to watch the rest of my shows for the night, then some Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment