Monday, September 21, 2009

Wanted: Inspiration

I've been pretty down on myself lately on my eating healthy habits, which is why I haven't been on here much. We're still doing really well focusing on whole foods, maybe too well. I feel like we've been eating too much REAL butter, REAL sour cream, and other stuff like heavy cream. I'm going to start making it a point to back away from the fatty whole foods for a bit. Some may say maybe we should eat the fat-free sour cream, etc., but I challenge you to find some that isn't full of junk. Seriously. Look at the ingredients in real sour cream and then look at the ingredients in fat-free. My rule for ingredients is the fewer, the better - and I need to know what the words mean, or it's probably nothing I want.

That being said, I'm hoping to have some better posts up here. Tonight we had turkey sausage and apple cole slaw for dinner. No pics because we were rushing to get everything done in time to sit down for House. To replace tonight's pictures, I'll give you a quick run down of the weekend past.


Friday night we went to do some grocery shopping and found these Wheat Thins Flatbread crackers that are all natural!! We topped it with 1/2 a brick of brie while we cooked the rest of our dinner. (see....fatty, fatty cheese....but oh so good!)

Dinner was Portobello Mushroom Caps, stuffed with Scallops and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. I just sauteed the scallops, mushroom stems and sun-dried tomatoes in the pan with some garlic.

Then we stuffed the scallops in these caps that had been on the grill, and topped them with a slice of havarti cheese (more fatty fatty cheese).


We decided on Friday to venture into the world of boxed wine. We hadn't bought it yet I guess because we felt there was something redneck about it...but this box was the equivalent of 4 bottles for the price of 1.5!!

Action shot....pouring the first glass. Tasted as good as the bottle - I'm sold!

Dinner with some brussel sprouts.

Chuck was trying to get his own dinner. He sat in this position for at least 20 minutes, which is a long time for a Jack Russel. See the stick bug in the bottom of the picture? That was his focus.

Saturday morning we were up and on the beach by 7:45-8:00. This is a good vision to start your day with!
We were there to do the Browns Backers (spelled wrong on the sign!) beach sweep before heading off to Nathan's KAB (Keep America Beautiful) Kids beach sweep.
KAB had a great turn out!

We found these pretty flowers all the way down the street to the beach. I had to take a picture!

KAB sign...

Sunday was football and bad snacking, but a delicious home made grilled chicken salad for dinner.

I really hope we can get back in a healthier groove, because I've been feeling just all around blah, and I'm sure it's because of the diet!! Wish us luck!!

Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment