Sunday, September 6, 2009

Long, Lazy Weekends...

are the best!!!!! I tend to lose track of posting on here over the weekends and until a few minutes ago, thought I didn't really even have much to say. Going through my pictures though, I came up with a thing or two. :)


I got out of work early on Friday, so we got the grocery shopping done and the house cleaned all before 5:00. Lucas is the President of the Cleveland Browns Backers club in North Myrtle Beach, and we had a friend coming over to put together raffle prizes for the upcoming season. It looked like an NFL store exploded in my living room. This was only half of the stuff we're giving away
While we were out shopping I finally bought some much needed new measuring spoons. I think I had three random ones - the others lost somewhere along the way (one was eaten by the garbage disposal.) I picked up these cute measuring spoons for $1.50!! I'm so glad to have the whole set! Is it completely lame that I'm so excited about this?


While the guys were working on football stuff, I decided to satisfy my craving for chips and dip that I'd had all week. I wanted some onion dip, like the kind that you make with sour cream and Lipton soup mix, but decided against it after reading the ingredients list on the box. I wanted to make some from scratch, so I got creative and came up with this recipe:

1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 mayo
1 tbsp minced onion
1 tsp season salt
1/4 tsp white pepper - more if you want
1 tsp Lucas spice (dehydrated onion/garlic/jalapeno mix)

Mix together. Chill. Eat.


It was BETTER than the soup mix, very oniony with a little bit of spice. If you're wondering what the Lucas spice is, that's the onion, garlic and jalapeno we dehydrated and powdered and jarred for spicing things up. I'm not sure what you could use as a substitute - maybe just some onion powder, garlic powder and red pepper flakes for the spice of the jalapenos? Just get creative. The main part of the dip is the onion, so you can add anything else you want.

We ended football planning by hanging a flag out front. Looks great!


Saturday we sat around and watched the Ohio State vs. Navy game (Ohio State won!!!) Chuck was dragging around his last mutilated toy, so I grabbed some old socks and made him a new one. He loves it!

Saturday evening we had some friends over for some ribs and coleslaw and beers. Look how beautiful the sky was! Cotton Candy Clouds!!


Today was spent recovering from last night. We've laid around the house and watched some movies and just have been munching on leftovers from the fridge. We tried this new tea we found at Big Lots on Friday. Big Lots has a surprising variety of (cheap) organic foods and drinks and household supplies. This bottle of tea was 70 cents! It was really refreshing. I told Lucas that it was so crisp and clear that it tasted like I imagined a cold mountain stream would taste....plus some berry juice. Very good find!

We bought this "brownie" at Lowes Foods on Friday since it was on sale. Being made of dates, it wasn't completely like a brownie, and had a fruity hint to it, but I could have been fooled if I didn't know what it was.

We just watched a great movie about the introduction of Napa Valley wines to the world during a blind Parisian taste test in 1976. It's not one we would have picked to watch, but it was on tv so we did. I'm glad we did, it was very interesting, and an entertaining movie. Check it out!



Tonight we're planning on more movies, dinner and bed. So glad I've got one more day before I go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment