Sunday, July 19, 2009

A year ago today....

I met the man of my dreams. We talked about spending the day together and then going to the place we met to have some drinks with some friends, in honor of the day. What I love about who we are in our lives right now, is that we chose to stay home and clean up the house and work on projects and cook and garden rather than going to the bar. I think spending the day together like we did gave more meaning to this last year than anything else could have. We are truly lucky to have found each other, and to have realized what we found, when we did.

So, the day started with me playing on the computer and not wanting to do much of ANYTHING! We decided to finally roll out of bed and have some juice and eggs. I made the juice, Lucas made the eggs, which were delicious!!! The juice today was a new one. It had cucumbers, carrots, apple and lemon. I have to say, I was NOT a fan. Drinking a cucumber just doesn't feel right. I drank half of mine and gave the rest to Lucas, and opted for the Pomegranate Blueberry juice that I bought at the store the day before. He, however, loved the juice and drank it all down - to wash down the eggs he made, mixed with all the veggies from last night's pizza and some monterey jack cheese. Top it off with a slice of wheat toast, and it's one great breakfast!



House cleaning got done and then we decided on turkey burgers and a spinach, mushroom, olive salad for lunch. We melted some havarti cheese on the burgers and I used our homemade salsa from last week as a salad dressing/condiment. Lucas sprayed a little balsamic vinegar dressing on his salad. This all looked really awesome, but I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture first!

We headed out and cleaned up the back yard, after yesterday's mowing, and puttered around the garden a bit, harvesting some cucumbers and discovering that we have some BABY watermelons growing!! We then headed out front to weed the front flower beds. Next we came inside to watch a little zombie movie - perfect way to spend the "anniversary"...hehehe.

Once the movie was done, I was back in the kitchen. First I prepped the peppers for roasting and made some fresh lemonade. First time - so some adjustments were made to the recipes I found. Came out yummy in the end. Then on to the Banana Blueberry Bread. I only changed one thing in this recipe, I got rid of the sugar and added the same amount of honey, instead. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on the counter cooling and looks great. I will report back!

Dinner was Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce and Spinach on a toasted onion roll and a side of fresh hash browns. I do believe that this dinner beat last night's dinner!!



The picture definitely doesn't look as good as it tasted...but I never claimed to be a photographer!

As I was cleaning up after dinner, I realized that the leftover red pepper sauce would make an awesome dip when mixed with sour cream. I mixed some up, and that'll be our snack tomorrow night, maybe!

I'll be back to post the recipe for dinner and for the dip, but right now I've got to get off of here and watch True Blood!!! Sunday means True Blood, which is great, but True Blood means it's Sunday night and the weekend is over...not so great!

1 comment:

  1. I like this. I think its a great Blog. If you want to try fresh juices try making a carrot and apple juice. It is amazingly sweet! Put some celery in there for extra water too. Good luck with the blogging :-)

    ReplyDelete