Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not the cucumbers!!!!

Yes, we've been infiltrated. The bugs have crossed enemy lines and have killed off my cucumber. I was out there just yesterday and everything was fine! Tonight, the plants were covered with bugs and three large cucumbers had been drilled into and turned yellow. All overnight! I'm so disappointed! So, we doused everything with the organic pesticide and are hoping for the best. The peas are also already lost, but I had given up one them already. The cucumbers were thriving! So, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the bugs wander into oblivion. On a good note, we FINALLY have tomatoes growing, and I can't wait to get a good harvest!! Also, we discovered that the jalapenos that were turning red aren't problematic, just mature. Apparently jalapenos are usually picked when they aren't quite ripe, and that's why we're used to seeing green. Anyway, the peppers are fine!

Today was a day for food! This morning I had my now regular microwaved scrambled eggs with tomato and a slice of wheat toast. Snack was some delicious banana chips. The boss took us to lunch at a Thai restaurant. I had sushi - a mexican roll and a california roll. I was so stuffed that I couldn't make dinner when I got home! Lucas had to suffer and wait, but while we waited, we watched a movie that I had caught wind of over on the Joe Hill message boards. See below:



I would have lived without watching it, but I've seen worse. Definitely different.

Finally, we got around to making dinner. Tonight was some clean-out-the-freezer stuff. We had two peices of flounder and about a cup of scallops. We grilled the flounder, and some broccoli, and a box of Uncle Bens wild rice with sun dried tomatoes. I sauteed the scallops and threw them in the rice, along with some bigger sundried tomatoes that we had bought for the pizzas the other night, but forgot about. Add a glass of Sam Adams Summer Ale, and you've got another great meal!


I'm probably calling it a night very soon. A little Harry Potter and then sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment